- Related Resources
- Tutorials & Tools
Education - Transcriptome Analysis Workshop
VIRTUAL Transcriptome Analysis Workshop
This workshop will provide a detailed introduction to transcriptome sequencing and informatics concepts. It will provide training on analyses of RNA-Seq data including the use of different analytical tools, relevant file formats, reference genomes, transcriptome annotations, quality control measures, reference-based alignment, gene expression, and differential gene and isoform analyses. These tutorials will be accompanied by hands-on exercises using complete analytical pipelines on test datasets.
- Transcriptome sequencing techniques
- QC considerations
- Read alignment with Bowtie, and HISat
- Expression quantification using HTSeq
- Differential expression with DEseq
- Isoform analysis with Cufflinks
- Differential Isoform analysis with CuffDiff
- Pathway Analysis with IPA, GOrilla, and DAVID
- Primer on single-cell RNASeq
Dates and Registration
The registration fee for this workshop is $325 for general rate, $125 for student rate.
Sept. 15-17, 2020Register
Location and Times
This workshop will be completely virtual. Specific times for sessions within the dates for the workshop will be announced at a later time.
Please send any questions to Michelle Giglio (mgiglio AT som.umaryland.edu).