- Related Resources
- Tutorials & Tools
Education - IGS Microbiome Analysis Workshop
VIRTUAL Microbiome Analysis Workshop
This workshop will provide attendees with in-depth training on analysis of bacterial community sequence data, both whole metagenome shotgun and 16S. Tools for community and functional profiling will be explored. The workshop is hands-on with attendees performing analyses and looking at results.
- Introduction to Linux (Optional)
- Introduction & Metadata coordination
- Sampling considerations
- Sequencing of metagenomics samples
- 16S analysis and hands on exercises using R Studio and dada2
- Cloud computing using AWS
- Whole metagenome sequence analysis and hands on exercise using MetaPhlAn2 & HUMAnN2 via Docker
(order of topics may be subject to change)
The registration fee for this workshop is $375 for general rate, $175 for student rate.
Nov. 10-13, 2020Register
Location and Times
This workshop will be completely virtual. Specific times for sessions within the dates for the workshop will be announced at a later time.
Please send any questions to Michelle Giglio (mgiglio AT som.umaryland.edu)