The Genomics Resource Center (GRC) is a high-throughput laboratory and data analysis group supporting the scientific programs of IGS and its collaborators, both across the University of Maryland Baltimore campus and across the globe. The GRC team has been an early-adopter and pioneer in genomic technology development for the past 20 years. Genomic technologies and applications now permeate both basic and clinical research. Using multiple sequencing and analysis platforms, the GRC generates high-quality genomic data in a cost-effective manner.
The GRC team has been an early-adopter and pioneer in genomic technology development for the past 20 years.
Personalized medicine is driven by genomic data. However, transforming this genomic data into scientific and medical knowledge is the primary challenge facing researchers today. With our long history and deep expertise in genomics, the GRC team is uniquely positioned to assist researchers facing this challenge.
Integrated, interdisciplinary approach
The GRC team includes scientists, bioinformaticians, project managers, and research specialists with extensive experience in planning and managing both small and large-scale projects. The GRC also works with world-renowned researchers in infectious disease, virology, microbial genomics and other areas, if you need additional resources.
Projects and processes
The GRC consults with each prospective researcher to develop a project plan that utilizes the most efficient and effective combination of available platforms and analysis pipelines to accomplish the goals of the project. This customized project plan serves to ensure the services provided by the GRC address the underlying scientific question(s) driving the project. The GRC strives to bring the increasing power and decreasing cost of genomic analysis to a continually expanding research community.
For more information or to discuss your research needs, please contact the GRC.
- Pacific Biosciences RS II
- Illumina MiSeq & MiSeq Dx
- Illumina HiSeq4000 & HiSeq2500
- Oxford Nanopore MinION
- de novo Whole Genome Sequencing
- Comparative Genome Resequencing
- Human Genome Sequencing
- Transcriptome (mRNA, miRNA, and ncRNA) Sequencing
- Exome and Custom Targeted Capture Sequencing
- ChIP-Sequencing & Methylation Sequencing
- Base Modification Detection
- Ecological and Organismal Metagenomic Sequencing
- Amplicon Sequencing
- Custom Sequencing Applications
Provided in conjunction with the IGS Informatics Resource Center.
- Genomic and Metagenomic Sequence Assembly
- Genome Annotation
- Comparative Genome Analysis
- Transcriptome Analysis
- Phylogenomic Analysis
- SNP, Indel, and Structural Variant Detection
- Epigenomic Analysis
- Pathway & Network Analysis
- Sequence Data Storage and Distribution
- Custom Data Analysis